Gas Safety - 09/04/2019

Cowboys and Gas don't mix - If you use an unregistered gas engineer you could be putting your life at risk.


Anyone employed to work on gas appliances in domestic premises must be Gas Safe registered and competent in that area of gas work. By using a Gas Safe registered engineer, and by checking the back of their ID card to see if they are qualified to do the type of gas work you want, you can be sure that any work completed by them will be done competently and safely. 

RANA risk management and the Health and Safety Executive advises that you should arrange for regular maintenance and an annual safety check to be carried out on your gas appliances and installation by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Landlords have a legal duty to ensure that this is carried out as they have a responsibility to carry out checks of all properties to make sure the gas installations are completely safe and residents are at no risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Unsafe gas work can lead to a gas leak, fire, explosion and exposure to carbon monoxide, which could result in you, your family or friends being seriously injured or killed.

Go to the Gas Safe Register or phone 0800 408 5500 to find out more about how to make sure your engineer is Gas Safe registered and how to protect yourself and your family from unsafe gas work.

[Back to news]
Image 01 Image 02 Image 03 Image 04